- Ultimate Guide to the Best Fake Tan Lotions
- The 3 Best Fake Tan Products Revealed!
- 7 Top Tips for Achieving the Best Results
- Start your own tanning business!
We have put together this extensive guide to fake tanning, with the sole purpose of helping you to easily achieve the best fake tan possible, and maintain a radiant glow, come rain or shine, all year round!
None of us truly wants to experiment with countless self-tanning and bronzing products, that would prove to be expensive and very time-consuming.
However, finding the best fake tan on the market, given the multitude of products available to choose from, can be quite difficult.
So we’ve taken the guesswork out for you and put together, what we believe to be, a comprehensive resource aimed at finding the best tanning products currently available.
We will also point you towards many useful accessories, practical tips, and helpful information relating to the tanning genre.
Each product has in depth information and REAL life customer reviews to help you make an informative choice as to which best self tan product would best compliment your skin type and which one lasts the longest..etc. Not only that we have sourced for you the BEST price available on the net right NOW, saving up to 50% against some high street prices!
Ultimate Guide to the Best Fake Tan Lotions
If you’re still undecided after all that, our EXPERT product tester reveals her personal TOP 3 self tan products, writing a short analogy on each as to how and why she arrived at her final decision! She also shares her “Top Tips for Achieving the perfect Fake Tan” so you never have to worry about self tanning again!
The 3 Best Fake Tan Products Revealed!
For me this is the best self tanner on the market and many other customers agree! Unlike plenty of the other cheap tanners out there this one smells absolutely amazing and the application is smooth and easy.
The moisturising agent in this lotion made my skin feel very silky and nourished. It gives you a very natural looking olive shaded tan and is especially good for people with a fair skin complexion (like me).
The quality of the product for the price is excellent. Packed full with coconut and walnut oils, a bottle of this, applied twice weekly, easily last’s me 5-6 weeks. It has not once gone patchy on me nor stained my clothing and fades very naturally. I find that applying it with a tanning mitt works best for me and it is definitely my all time favourite fake tan…..
This aloe vera based product is not far behind Xen-tan dark lotion. It again is so easy to apply and smells much better than many of its counterparts on the market.
When I started to apply it looked very streaky but once it had dried and I had taken a shower I was very pleased with the result. The tan gave me an all over natural looking glow, a little bit lighter than Xen-tan, but nonetheless still a good look. It again has a moisturising agent that made my skin feel velvety.
There are 2 main reasons I prefer Xen-tan over this. The first is that it doesn’t quite last as long on me without fading (you might find otherwise) and the 2nd is that I tend to need to apply more of the tan to get the desired effect I personally like. Even so a great product.
Upon hearing many friends raving about this new product I was just dying to give it a try and must admit I was not disappointed. Quoted by fake bake as “A revolutionary, express, self tan liquid which develops into a beautiful, natural looking tan in 60 minutes” I had my reservations. But I must say I was impressed.
The spray applicator made it easy for me to apply the tan evenly and I put a little more on my face and rubbed in gently. I let the tan develop for the recommended time then rinsed off. The result was a nice, even, golden looking tan that surprised me somewhat, although I admit I did overdo it on my face! It’s a bit pricier than some of the other self tanners but as a rule I find it’s definitely worth it to pay a bit more for a quality product.
For the purpose of this review I’ve found that I have had my bottle 4 weeks now and at a guess it’s about half used so the price is reasonable weighted against how long it lasts. If you’re a busy person on the go then this is the product for you.
7 Top Tips for Achieving the Best Results
Some fake tan products are much better than others, but the finished look is basically down to how the tan is applied and how good you are at producing an all over evenly spread application!
This takes a bit of practice and it really is a case of the more you do it the better you will become. Tanning is 2 day process if you want to achieve maximum results and help your tan last for as long as possible.
Below are a few simple, easy to follow rules that can help ease the process and greatly increase the chance of attaining a natural, streak free golden looking tan. Firstly,
- Take a shower! Wash off all traces of deodorant and perfume. Make sure you shave your legs (and any other body parts that you usually shave). Shaving the day before ensures your pores will be closed when you come to apply the tan, helping you avoid the ‘Black Spotty’ effect caused by tan getting into open pores.
- Exfoliate! Rough and dry patches of skin must be treated prior to applying. The tan will cling to the surface of the skin and this will result in producing those horrid orange patches we are trying to eliminate. By simply using a body brush or exfoliator this will soften your skin and hopefully eradicate this problem to produce a smooth surface for the fake tan to adhere to. Using a cream like E45 can also help.
- Moisturise! Evenly apply a moisturising cream to your exfoliated skin and let it dry naturally. Adding extra cream to dry, stubborn areas will speed up the healing process. Advisably, you should do this the day before you’re going to tan to enable the cream to sink and penetrate into your pores.
- Repeat the exfoliation process! At this point DO NOT moisturise. The cream will form a barrier that the tan will stick to instead of the skin. This is one of biggest factors for making the tan not last as long as it should.
- Wear gloves or a tanning mitt. Apply Vaseline or petroleum jelly to the palms of your hand’s, to your hairline and to any stubborn dry patches of skin. This will help to avoid staining and keep the tan looking nice and even.
- Take time and care! Vigorously rubbing the tanning solution all over will only serve to create an uneven application and the dreaded orange look. Gently and slowly massage the lotion into the skin. Focus on one body part at a time, only moving onto the next when you’ve satisfied yourself that your body is generously, but evenly covered. And finally…..
- WAIT!!! The tan takes around 10 minutes to fully dry. Do not get dressed until you feel the tan is dry to the touch. It would be disastrous if, at this final stage, impatience leads to a streaky tan and the ruining of your clothing.
“Voila”………You now have the best fake tan possible!
How To Apply The Fake Tan
So, if you’ve got a big night out planned, getting ready for a fancy wedding/party or you just like having an all-year round beautiful tan, our guide makes for essential reading!….Why look Elsewhere?
Start your own tanning business!
Mobile beauty therapies and treatments are booming at the moment, so if you are a self-employed professional or thinking of starting out why not give it a GO! Why not check out what we believe to be the best spray tan machine? Ideal for starting your own small business.
We have many other products to help get you started. Check them out.
The benefits for your customers is that they can receive a great treatment at much lower prices compared to expensive salons, all in the comfort of their own home. You can also build a relationship and offer more than just tanning treatments if you so wish.
If business is it not for you, you can still purchase any of the above to self tan at home. Either way they are great products!
We have pointed you in the right direction towards what we think are great products, but it’s up to you to choose the product that best suits your needs and pocket!
If you are still in two minds, think about getting it done professionally.
Feel free to contact us with any questions or comments.